A Christian Charity, Railway Mission has been serving the railway industry since 1881.
Our purpose 'To propagate the Christian Gospel and preserve and protect mental and physical health primarily amongst railway and transport staff and also members of the public affected by railway operations, by all appropriate means.'
We're looking for a talented Business Manager with a diverse set of technical, project and people skills to join our growing team. The top priority in this position is coordinating, executing and documenting business activities. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to identify and solve problems, plan, direct and recommend operational changes, and be willing to shape his or her role based on the needs of the organisation.
Application via Full CV and a covering letter.
Email Liam Johnston or for an informal conversation call 077 1897 1918
Job Description Business Manager
21.5 hours per week, the salary of £18,000 per year (£30,000 FTE)
· Ensure that the organisation complies with its Business Plan by:
o Tracking the performance of the charity against the objectives in the Business Plan and reporting on progress
o Updating the Business Plan in line with the developing strategy set by the Board
o Facilitating the implementation of the Business Plan throughout the organisation and advising on improvements to business processes
· Ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory duties, including HRM, payroll, etc
· Assessing organisational risk and preparation of the Risk Register
· Maintaining and updating working documentation in line with legislation and industry requirements, including Policies and Procedures, Staff Handbook, etc
· Maintaining relationships with partners/vendors/suppliers
· Oversee the accurate processing of all aspects of the company's finances, including:
· Supporting the Executive Director in the execution of his responsibilities.
· Occasionally representing the organisation at external events
Requirements and skills
Railway Mission is a registered charity in England and Wales (1128024) and in Scotland (SC045897). A company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (06519565)
Rugby Railway Station