Office and Admin Manager
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 pro-rata per annum.
Location: Rugby in Warwickshire
Railway Mission’s Office Manager is expected to ensure the workplace runs smoothly by organising all administrative duties; to manage and provide administrative and financial support through the processing of financial donations to the Railway Mission maintaining the filing system and other office duties.
The Railway Mission has a tremendous role in the pastoral care of Railway People, with unique and unparalleled opportunities to influence the lives of individuals and share the Gospel with those who do not yet know Jesus as saviour. The Role of the Office Manager will help further strengthen the team of chaplains through the day to day back-office functions that are needed to maintain an effective presence on the railway network. As a self-motivated and professional individual, you will have the opportunity to help the Board of Trustees and the Executive Director further enhance the pastoral care offered to the Railway Industry.
Roles and Responsibilities
Railway Mission’s Office Manager is the ‘point of contact’ person in the office for both external and internal enquiries relating to the administration of the charity. It is a role that offers tremendous variety and an ability to multitask is important.
Railway Mission wishes to be as flexible as possible in relation to weekday hours to allow for work and home life not to conflict. However, it is normal for the Office Manager to travel to conferences and meetings which could require overnight accommodation at the annual Railway Mission’s Annual Conference.
Duties will include the following:
Overall: The RM Office Manager (OM) is responsible for the efficient running of all administration functions, providing intelligent and effective management of RM processes and internal/external interfaces. Taking the initiative the OM will be proactive in identifying and managing key issues, trends and concerns, making recommendations and taking action as appropriate. The OM will be a key enabler of the RM strategy.
Outward-facing: ‘Develop systems and processes for recording supporter data and maintain information on database’
- Responsible for Service Level Agreement client liaison as a point of contact with client organisations. Manage trading arm of RM once set up
- Responsible for management of complaints process and manage responses to complaints and serious issues raised through the website
- Manage responses to safeguarding issues made through the website
- Arrange and support investigation processes
- Ensure RM remains compliant on processes and procedure
- Ensure RM records and the generation of reports relating to Railway Mission work for individual Companies or Holding Groups are accurate. Review and Identify key issues, trends, concerns that arise from these reports and advise the Executive Director.
- Management and update of the Railway Mission’s website
Financial Management and Governance: expend and data, GDPR
- Process all income/expenditure utilising Sage Software, prepare monthly and annual reports for Executive Director and Board of Trustees. Liaise with Independent Examiner etc., identify areas of concern and propose appropriate courses of action.
- Ensure chaplains monthly reports are received on time, collated and presented for action by the Executive Director. Identify and progress areas of concern to ensure reporting is robust and reflects chaplain activity.
- Produce presentations, financial, and other reports as required to the board of trustees and Executive Director in user-friendly formats.
- Any other tasks as directed by Board of Trustees or Executive Director
- Act as GDPR Officer, ‘Ensure all information is recorded in accordance with Data Protection Act and act as Data Protection Officer for RM’ and ensure the Railway Mission remains GDPR compliant
- Maintain Supporter database,
Publicity events, supporter engagement:
- Responsible for events management at key RM functions, liaising internally and externally to ensure RM profile is positive and maximised.
- Ensure communications are sent to supporters to agreed timelines
- Encourage and contribute to communications with Supporters including the regular issue of Newsletters, Press Releases, Annual Calendar and other literature
- Oversee and coordinate the activities of the Office Assistant
- Liaise with the Company Secretary in submitting annual returns to the Charity Commission
- Manage and review key contracts e.g. telephones to ensure the best value for the Railway Mission
- Keeping the Railway Mission’s filing system in order.
- Operating Railway Mission administration systems; creating and implementing new ones as required.
- Use of a variety of office IT software such as spreadsheet, emails and databases.
- Ensuring the office stationery supply is sufficient.
Office Manager Experience
The post requires demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Office Management and Administration
- Competence in Excel, sage or similar accounts package.
Office Manager Salary
The salary is set at £30,000 pro-rata per annum.
As Office Manager, you need to display the following skills & abilities:
- Excellent organisation and time management.
- Excellent IT knowledge E.g. Word, excel, Sage
- The ability to use your initiative and to work independently when required.
- The capacity to adapt to ever-changing workloads and responsibilities
- The ability to independently identify problems with systems and processes and suggest pragmatic solutions.
- High-quality project management skills.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- An attention to detail, both accurate and methodical.
- Understanding of the wider needs and drivers of the Railway Mission.
- Strong interpersonal skills – demonstrable track record of working effectively with colleagues.
- Openness to learn and develop
for a confidential conversation please call 077 1897 1918
When you apply for a job please consider mentioning Christian Vocations.
Closing date: Saturday 31st July 2021